SCC TECH Minimum Advertised Price Policy (“MAP”)
SCC TECH, LLC. of Bountiful, UT is firmly committed to foster a sustainable and equitable market place. To do this SCC TECH has adopted and as of 08/24/2018 is enforcing this unilateral Minimum Advertised Price (“MAP”) Policy applicable to all SCC TECH dealers, including but not limited to, storefront, direct mail, and internet retailers. Authorized SCC TECH dealer who will advertise (via web, catalogue, billboards, TV, radio, mass media, direct mail or email, etc.) any SCC TECH branded goods must be advertised at prices equal to or greater than “MSRP”.
- SCC TECH branded products advertised pricing must be in accordance with MAP and be clearly published. Vague or suggestive pricing practices (Example: “Call for Best Price” or “Email for Best Deal”) in place of the advertised price is not acceptable.
- Selling SCC TECH Products on all Internet auction and classified sites (Example: eBay, Craigslist, and classified selling services) is strictly prohibited.
- Selling of any SCC TECH Products through the following third-party marketplaces such as Amazon, Jet.com, Sears, Walmart, Newegg, Rakuten, and Shop.com is strictly prohibited
- SCC TECH products must be excluded from “loss leader” marketing strategies and cannot be specifically referenced in any publicly available or advertised coupons, coupon codes, discounts that reduce the advertised price below MAP. This does not pertain to store wide sales or “at checkout” cart discounts (Examples of permitted discount advertised pricing: “Everything in store 10% off” or “Receive 10% on all items at checkout”).
- No business entity, DBA, reseller of any kind, or individual may apply for or register any trademarks, company names or domain names that are identical or confusingly similar with SCC TECH’s trademarks, product names, company names, images, or any other intellectual property right identical or confusingly similar to SCC TECH’s Intellectual Property Rights, without SCC TECH’s prior written consent
- Exceptions to the Minimum Advertising Pricing Policy are only permitted via a completed SCC TECH Authorized MAP Exception Agreement form, signed by Kevin Van Loon and are beholden to details outlined in the form
SCC TECH will monitor reseller advertisements, websites and third-party sites for compliance. Violating the terms, knowingly or unknowingly, will result in the following enforcement actions:
- Retailer, Reseller, and/or Wholesaler will receive notification (Notifications will be in the form of one or more of the following: email, mail, verbal by phone or otherwise) of the initial violation(s) and the violation(s) must be corrected within 2 business days of the notification.
- If by the 3rd business day following the notification the violation has not been corrected SCC TECH will cease all shipments, freeze accounts, and remove any partnership listings on SCC Tech’s website until the violations are corrected.
- Retailer, Reseller, and/or Wholesaler will receive notification of second violation(s) and must be corrected within 2 business days.
- If by the 3rd business day following the notification the violation has not been corrected SCC TECH will cease all shipments for a 30-day period, freeze all accounts, and remove any partnership listings on SCC Tech’s website until the 30-day period has passed and the violation(s) have been corrected.
- Retailer, Reseller, and/or Wholesaler found to be in a 3rd violation. SCC TECH will terminate all associated accounts.